Anyone who’s anyone still doesn’t live as fabulous a life as Choupette Lagerfeld. As the famous first lady of Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld’s adorable feline is pampered with all the Chanel couture, maids and fabulousness she can handle. In Choupette’s world, white will always be the new black. As a fellow socialite, she was kind enough to grant me an interview.
1. What advice do you have for people looking to live the socialite life?
The first step is to surround yourself with the right crowd. Or if you’re lucky enough (like moi), be born into fashion royalty.
2. How do you feel about Hello Kitty not being a real cat?
I feel like my childhood has been a lie. But, it’s one less feline to compete with.
3. What would you do if you saw someone carrying a fake Chanel bag?
The claws would come out!
4. You’ve already accomplished more than most humans. What do you have planned next after a book, a makeup line and collections inspired by you?
The sky is the limit for the Choupette empire!
5. What’s the key to success in the fashion industry?
Work hard as an intern, but delegate & produce like a CEO.
6. How does it feel to be the inspiration around various fashion collections?
Can felines be humble?
7. Who is your favorite fashion icon?
Excuse the cliche, but Daddy Karl Lagerfeld of course!
8. What’s the most important etiquette a socialite should follow?
Be seen and not heard. But, when you’re heard, make it on the front page of Women’s Wear Daily!
9. How many maids does one need to lead a comfortable life?
Can you ever have too many?
10. What’s your favorite vacation spot?
Anywhere Daddy’s private jet takes me!