Summer 2012 is almost here and I couldn’t be more excited! As much as I love the warm weather, I love living in a land of four seasons because the change in weather always marks a new beginning. Plus, it’s always a blast to buy new pieces for your wardrobe and rediscover old seasonal styles that have been in hiding in the back of your closet for the past six months.
Here are some of my favorite summer picks for the 2012 season:
1. Kenneth Cole Reaction Adjustable Printed Brief Shorts Swimsuit: A far cry from the string bikini, this year’s swimsuits are reminiscent of the 60s and far more conservative. In a year where major stars have been seen wearing long sleeves on the red carpet, women are finding that they ironically feel sexier when they are a little more covered up.
2. Kenneth Cole Reaction Ruffled Skirted Swimsuit: I’ve always wanted a skirted swimsuit, but have yet to own one. I’m pretty obsessed with this one. Not only are the color and the ruffles adorable, it acts as both a swimsuit and beach coverup in one.
3. Kenneth Cole New York Swimsuit, Animal Printed Foldover: Can you tell I’m a bit partial to Kenneth Cole swimwear this season?
1. Miu Miu Metallic Leather and Glitter Cherry Sandals: These are super cute both for the beach and everyday city wear. Although I dream in Chanel, I don’t know how I could ever explain to my Visa card how I spent nearly $600 on a pair on sandals.
2. Tory Burch Miller Flat Thong Sandals: Love the neutral color combined with the signature Tory Burch logo. Very casual and comfortable.
3. Jack Rogers Navajo Flats Sandals: These sandals are a true summer socialite classic. There’s nothing like walking through Central Park in a pair of Jack Rogers!
Favorites Beach Bags:
1. Anya Hindmarch Canvas Tote: This design is both clever and adorable. With this tote you’ll never forget to pack your beach essentials.
2. kate spade new york daycation harmony tote: Summer is all about diving into life and experiencing the great outdoors, not to mention spending hours and hours by the pool. That’s why you have to love this nautical summer tote.
3. Juicy Couture Leann Tote with Towel: Yellow is such a hot color this season. A beach tote that you can use throughout the summer is the perfect way to begin incorporating it into your summer look.
Favorite Beach Towels:
1. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Polo Jacquard Beach Towel: This cute combo of pink and orange is sure to brighten up your beach weekend. If you’re like me and wear a lot of pink, this towel can also compliment your outfit.
2. Bloomingdale’s Big Brown Beach Towel: Following the iconic Bloomingdale’s brown bag, this towel is a true socialite summer staple.
3. Blog Beach Towel: Yes, this towel will so get posted on my blog!
1. Chloe Paraty Fashion Sunglasses: Perfect for those who like to protect their eyes from the sun’s harmful rays with a classic black style.
2. Mademoiselle Round-Frame Acetate Sunglasses: These gorgeous purple sunglasses are handmade. They are the perfect means to get the oversized sunglasses look of Nicole Richie in the paparazzi filled world.
3. Elizabeth & James Horatio Round Sunglasses: Bright colors are all the rage right now. Love these orange-rimmed sunglasses.